Kaohsiung Refinery (Nanzih District )

As a former naval fuel factory built by Japanese in 1937, Kaohsiung Refinery has a beautiful residential area in its surroundings, in addition to factories. However, after WWII, all the fuel factories were ruined. After the establishment of Chinese Petroleum Corporation in June 1946, the cCorporation decided to renovate Kaohsiung Refinery. Being the most important petroleum refinery and petrochemical factory in Taiwan, Kaohsiung Refinery has provided stable energy and power to the economy and constructions in Taiwan.